Boeing on fire – level 2
A 777 Boeing was flying from Singapore Changi Airport to Milan. Two hours into the flight, the pilot received an engine oil-warning message. He turned the plane back and started dumping fuel.
Shortly after landing, the engine caught fire and people captured the scene on video and shared it on social media. None of the 222 passengers and 19 crew on board were injured. All of them were safely evacuated and taken to the airport terminal by bus.
Singapore Airlines is one of the safest airlines in the world. People praised the pilot for doing a good job.
Difficult words: dump (drop), fuel (petrol), praise (say that somebody did something well).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.