Bomb in Bangkok – level 2
A bomb exploded near a popular Bangkok shrine last Monday evening. The explosion killed 22 people and wounded 123 more. A camera inside a car filmed the moment of the explosion.
Students, relatives and others lit candles and brought flowers at the memorial for those who died. Nearly half of those killed were foreigners.
Thai police are now looking for a man. A security camera near the shrine filmed him. Before the explosion, he left a backpack there.
Difficult words: shrine (a place where people come to talk to a god or gods), wound (to damage the body), memorial (something to remind you of people who died).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this explosion?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.