Bombing in Turkey – level 3
It seemed like a normal television broadcast after a football match in Turkey until there were two bomb blasts that killed 38 people. It all happened outside a football stadium in Istanbul. Although no group has claimed responsibility, the Turkish government blamed the Kurdish PKK forces for the attack.
The Turkish interior minister said that the police were the main target as most fans left before the attack. The country remains on high alert and people are in mourning.
Difficult words: blast (an explosion), on high alert (ready to react quickly), mourn (be sad).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos