Bombing in Yemen – level 1
This happens in Yemen. There is a big group of people. A man comes. He has a bomb with him.
The bomb explodes. He dies. Forty-seven people die. Four children die. This attack is very bad. There was a serious attack in 2012, also.
Nobody says who did this. However, this attack is similar to the attacks in Arabian Peninsula.
Difficult words: was (past of “be”), did (past of “do”), peninsula (land which is almost surrounded by water; it is almost an island).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.