Bombing in Yemen – level 2
At least 47 people, including four children, were killed in a suicide bomb attack in Yemen. A security camera shows how the attacker snuck into a crowd of protesters and exploded. This was the deadliest bombing in the capital of Yemen since May 2012.
Nobody claimed responsibility for the attack, but it was similar to al-Qaeda attacks in the Arabian Peninsula.
Difficult words: sneak (to move and try not to be seen), claim responsibility (to say that you did something), peninsula (land which is almost surrounded by water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.