Boy Beats Disability – level 1
This story is about a boy. He is from Bosnia. He is born with no arms, and his feet are deformed. He is afraid of water. However, he joins a club.
One year later, everything changes. He wins a gold medal. He is a team leader.
The club coach wants to give disabled children a chance. Their bodies are different, but they can still do things. He takes them to lunches, dinners, and even skiing. The team is currently training for this year’s European Championship for Disabled Swimmers.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.