Boy Beats Disability – level 3
Ismail Zulfic, a Bosnian six-year-old, who was born without arms and with foot deformity, has won a gold medal in disabled swimming. He is among 53 disabled children who practice at Sarajevo’s swimming club.
When Zulfic joined the club, he was a shy boy who was even scared to get close to the water, but only a year later, he is a proud bearer of a gold medal, and he is a team leader.
The club coach said that his aim is to give disabled children a chance because they will take it, even though their bodies are different. He also often takes the children to other non-pool events such as lunches, dinners and even skiing. The club also helps with the travel costs if a child’s family cannot afford them via donation, and the club is currently training for this year’s European Championship for Disabled Swimmers.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.