Boy hits a hole-in-one with Tiger Woods – level 1
Tiger Woods is a golfing legend. In Texas, he builds a golf course. People come to visit. Some young golfers come.
One of the golfers is eleven years old. He wants to try out the course. He steps up to hit the first shot at the first hole. He has to hit the ball 348 metres.
He hits the ball far enough. The ball makes it near the hole. Then the ball moves into the hole. This means he has a hole-in-one. He does this in front of Tiger Woods. People are happy. Tiger hugs the boy. He is happy, too.
Difficult words: legend (somebody famous), hole (the space in the ground where you must put the ball), hole-in-one (when you a hit golf ball into a hole in just one try).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you try to hit a hole-in-one in golf in front of Tiger Woods?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.