Boy in a washing machine – level 1
This news is about a little boy. He is from China. His toy is in a washing machine. He wants to get the toy.
He climbs into the washing machine. His leg gets stuck inside it. His parents carry the machine outside. They call firefighters. The firefighters come quickly. They help the boy.
They cut the washer open. They free the boy. He goes to hospital, but he is not injured.
Difficult words: climb (move), stuck (he cannot move the leg), injured (have problems with the body).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been stuck?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.