Boy is saved in England – level 1
This happens in England. A boy is in the sea. He gets in trouble. He is drowning. He is scared and very tired. He screams for help. A man hears him and comes to save him. The man has a camera. He films the situation.
The boy gets on the rescue board. The man takes him to the beach. His parents wait for him there. Around 167 people died in the water in Britain last year. Around 368 people needed help.
Difficult words: drown (to die in the water), scream (to say something very loudly), rescue board (object which helps you when you have problems in the water).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
How did you learn to swim?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos