Boy Is Taped to a Wall – level 1
There is a video about a mother in Ohio. She is eighteen years old. Her son is two years old. She wants to cook and clean, but she cannot. Her son is running around too much.
She takes a piece of tape and puts him on the wall. She puts tape over his mouth. He cannot run and he cannot speak. He cries.
She puts the video on the Internet. Someone watches the video and calls the police. They arrest the mother. The police also take her son. This is more safe for him.
Difficult words: tape (a long plastic material which has glue on one side), arrest (put in prison), safe (without danger).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos