Boy survives a cold flight – level 1
An American boy runs away from home. He gets to an airport. He hides in the wheel of a plane. The plane flies in the air. It flies to Hawaii.
The plane gets up to 38,000 feet (11.5 kilometres). It is very cold up there. It is minus 80. The boy sleeps.
The plane lands on the ground. The boy wakes after one hour. Doctors check the boy. He is fine.
Difficult words: hide (try not to be seen), wheel (circle), minus (a temperature that is minus is extremely cold).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What would you do if your child ran away?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.