Brazilian Jungle Marathon – level 1
This news is about a marathon. It is very hard. It takes place in a jungle. It is very hot and humid there. There are dangerous animals there, like jaguars.
Sixty-five runners start the marathon. They are from 17 different countries. Only 26 people finish the marathon. The marathon is 275 kilometres long. A man from Guadeloupe wins.
Difficult words: take place (happen), humid (when the air/weather is humid, there is a lot of water in the air), jaguar (an animal which looks like a big cat).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you do an extreme sport?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.