Breastfeeding in Parliament – level 1
This news is from Australia. A member of the Australian parliament is also a mother. She has a daughter. The daughter is with her in parliament.
The politician makes a motion. She breastfeeds her daughter at the same time. This happens for the first time.
Difficult words: politician (a ‘boss’ of a country), motion (saying something officially in the parliament), breastfeed (give milk to your baby).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos