Bridge Overturn and Kills 7 – level 3
A suspension bridge popular with tourists in Colombia turned upside down, killing seven people and injuring upwards of 14. It may have turned upside down due to overload during a busy three-day holiday weekend.
Firefighters at the rescue scene said that the dead included five adults and two minors, but there are fears of the death toll rising. People carried bodies down on a zip line. The injured are being treated at a local hospital.
Difficult words: due to (because of), death toll (the number of dead people).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.