British Pompeii – level 1
This news is about history. There is a place in England. It is near Cambridgeshire. Archaeologists call it the British Pompeii.
It is an archaeological site. It is full of interesting things. These things are 3000 years old. The things are well-preserved.
For example, archaeologists find a wheel. This is the oldest wheel in Britain. They also find bowls. There are pieces of food in the bowls. The experts say that this is amazing. It is like steeping into somebody’s life or somebody’s home.
Difficult words: archaeologist (a person who studies human history), archaeological site (a place where you can find historical things), preserved (good, not broken).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about the history at the British Pompeii?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos