British tourists killed in Thailand – level 1
Two tourists are on holiday in Thailand. They are from Great Britain. People find their bodies on a beach. There is a hoe nearby. Blood covers it. Experts study the bodies. Then they will return them to their families.
Police show a video of a man. He is the suspect in the murder. Detectives question three men.
Difficult words: hoe (tool for gardening), suspect (somebody who is possibly guilty of a crime), murder (killing somebody).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos