Building Collapses in Poland – level 1
In Poland, there is an explosion at an apartment building. The building collapses. It kills four people. It injures 24 people.
Firefighters come to the building. They look through the rubble. They look for people who are still alive. Dogs and a search and rescue group help them.
People want to know why there is an explosion. They think that maybe gas causes it.
Everybody must leave the building to be safe.
Difficult words: collapse (fall down suddenly), rubble (pieces of walls or floors or other things in a building), a search and rescue group (people who come to places to find and save people).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos