Building Falls down – level 1
Monsoons blow in some parts of Asia. A monsoon is a wind. It blows from the Indian Ocean. It brings heavy rains.
Heavy rain is a problem for old buildings. Water breaks up the foundations of buildings. Buildings then fall down. Many buildings fall down in India. This year, monsoons have an impact on 2.4 million Indian people.
Last week, a building falls down in central India. Eight people die. At least eleven people are hurt. Some people are trapped in the ruins. Rescuers try to save them.
The building is 30 years old. Officials want to fix it. However, it does not happen. The coronavirus stops the work.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.