Bull in a bank – level 2
On Monday, people saw a big bull running through a car park near Tel Aviv, Israel. He had a rope around his neck, so they knew that the animal ran away from somewhere.
The bull managed to get inside a bank. CCTV cameras caught the bull as it ran in the hall, when suddenly, it hit a wall. The animal was confused and kept running. Some people tried to stop the bull, and one man even shouted at the animal to catch its attention.
Officials found the owner, and he and a vet came to be ready to tranquilize the bull. No one knew how the bull escaped and from where. People took more than 30 minutes to catch the animal.
Difficult words: CCTV (a system of screens and cameras inside a building or in a public place), attention (a time to watch, listen, or think about something), tranquilize (to give a person or animal a drug to calm him or makes him fall asleep).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.