Burkina Faso president quits – level 1
Last week, a coup happens in Burkina Faso. A coup is when a military group gets control over the country.
Paul-Henri Damiba is the president of Burkina Faso. He leaves the country. The situation in Burkina Faso is dangerous. Islamist groups make attacks.
Ibrahim Traoré is the new leader of the country. He says that he wants to make the country safe. The new government must do something quickly. The country has problems with many things.
This coup is the second one in Burkina Faso this year. The first coup is in January. It is the ninth coup since 1960. Burkina Faso becomes independent from France in 1960.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.