Burt Bacharach dies – level 2
US composer Burt Bacharach died at the age of 94.
Bacharach was one of the greatest songwriters ever. He won an Oscar three times. In 1970, he won two Oscars for music for ‘Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid’ and ‘Raindrops Keep Fallin’ On My Head’. Bacharach wrote music for many famous singers, including Aretha Franklin and Dusty Springfield. Many artists covered his songs, the most famous of which were ‘Walk On By’ or ‘I Say A Little Prayer’.
Bacharach was married four times and he had four children. He died in his home in Los Angeles.
Difficult words: composer (a person who writes music), cover (to make a new version of an old song).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Who was Burt Bacharach?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos