Bus in Forest – level 1
Some people like adventure. They live in forests. They farm and hunt animals.
An American man travels to Alaska in 1992. He wants to live in a forest. The man finds an empty old bus. He lives in the bus.
However, the weather is bad. The man has nothing to eat. In September 1992, a hunter finds the man. The man is dead. His body weighs only 67 pounds.
A writer writes a book about the man´s life. The book becomes a movie. It is very popular. Many people watch it. People travel to Alaska. People want to see the man´s bus. They stay in the bus.
Some people have problems. Rescuers must save them. The bus is not safe. Officials take the bus away by a helicopter.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.