Bus Overturns in Taiwan – level 3
A coach carrying Japanese tourists overturned on a national highway in central Taiwan in the strong winds of typhoon Megi. At least seven passengers were injured and went to a local hospital for medical treatment. They were between 50 and 60 years old.
Typhoon Megi is the third typhoon to have recently hit Taiwan. It has killed more than four people and injured hundreds more, as well as cut power to millions of homes. Bus and subway services have been suspended in Taipei and international flights have been cancelled.
People expect the typhoon to move across Taiwan and eventually make its way to China.
Difficult words: suspend (stop something for some time), expect (if you expect something to happen, you think that it is going to happen).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos