Business world news – level 1
These are some of the most important business news.
One year ago, the war in Ukraine starts. World business changes. Many countries start to have big problems. Everything gets more expensive. Politicians and military leaders meet in Munich, Germany. They speak about further help to Ukraine.
It seems that the situation in Europe is getting better. Companies do more business. The European Central Bank will keep high rates because inflation is very high.
20 finance ministers meet in India. They speak about how to help poorer countries. These countries have debts. But they cannot pay them back. They start to have problems during the pandemic.
Difficult words: military (connected to war and soldiers), rate (the amount in % which someone has to pay extra), inflation (the price of money).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
There are many pandemics going on. China has a big problem with the flu. The United States has a problem with the cold.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos