Camel Racing in Jordan – level 2
In a desert in Jordan, hundreds of camels and their trainers came to race. Camel racing is a tradition and crowds from all over the country came to see it. The winner received 400 Dinars (564 dollars) and bragging rights.
Jordan does not allow child racing, so trainers used robotic radio-controlled jockeys.
After Ramadan, the camels will race again.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.