Canada Plane Crash – level 1
The Royal Canadian Air Forces want to make Canadians happy. The coronavirus is in Canada. People need to have some fun.
Pilots fly over the country in aerobatic planes. They make tricks with planes. People come to watch the tricks.
An accident happens at an airport in British Columbia, Canada. Two planes take off. One of the planes starts to burn. One pilot gets out of the plane. He uses a parachute.
The plane falls. It hits a garden. The house starts to burn. People run out of the house. They try to stop the fire.
One pilot dies in the crash. The second pilot ends up in hospital. Doctors say that his injuries are not very serious.
Difficult words: aerobatic plane (a plane that does trick for sports or for fun), take off (when a plane leaves the ground), parachute (a device that looks like a bag, and when a person jumps out of a plane, it opens and the person can land safely).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.