Car Bomb in Somalia – level 1
A bomb explodes in a truck in Mogadishu. It is the capital city of Somalia. The explosion is very big. It kills many people. The bomb explodes on a very busy road. Officials say that more than 90 people are dead. 100 people are injured.
It is not clear who is responsible for the explosion. Somalia’s president believes that the terrorist group Al-Shabab is responsible. This is because this is not the first explosion this year. Also, Al-Shabab carries out more attacks in the past. Al-Shabab has connection with another big terrorist group, Al-Qaeda.
Difficult words: responsible (when someone does something bad and it his or her fault), carry out (to do a task or an activity), connection (a situation when more things or people have similar ideas or origin).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.