Car buying problems – level 1
The coronavirus impacts everything. Car businesses have the most problems.
Some businesses in Asia must close. It means that carmakers do not have enough parts for new cars. Carmakers stop or reduce how many things that they make, too.
Now, it is very difficult to buy a new car. People must wait many months. Some people do not want to wait. They buy a used car.
The, the prices of used cars go up a lot. In the US, they go up by 40%. Also, the situation is similar in other countries.
Carmakers say that the situation will continue in this fall and the next year, too.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.