Car hits a man in Moscow – level 1
This happens in Moscow. Someone films this on camera. Two cars stop at a crossroads. They stand in a line.
A man gets out from the first car. He comes to the second car. He talks to the driver. He starts to go back to his car. However, he doesn’t get inside. The second car speeds up. It hits the man.
The second car then stops. The driver gets out and looks at his car. He drives away. Police investigate this incident.
Difficult words: crossroads (place where two roads meet), speed up (to start to go fast), investigate (try to understand what happened).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.