Car hits an old man in China – level 1
A man rides a bike in China. He wants to cross a road. A car hits him. He falls under the car.
A police officer sees the accident. It happens close to him. He comes to the car. He sees that the man is stuck under it. The policeman asks people for help. Together, they lift the car. They save the old man.
People take the man to hospital. He is stable.
Difficult words: stuck (when someone or something cannot move or get out of a place), lift (pick up), stable (not getting worse).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It is nice that the people helped the man, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.