Car hits an old man in China – level 2
A Chinese man was trying to cross a road last Wednesday, but a car ran over him.
A police officer saw the accident, as it happened just two metres from him. He came to the man and found that he was trapped under the car. He asked nearby businessmen and taxi drivers to help. Together, they lifted the car and helped the man out.
People took the elderly man to hospital. His condition is stable. Police investigate the cause of the accident.
Difficult words: run over (to knock a person or animal down and pass over their body), trapped (to be stuck or not able to move), elderly (old).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
It is nice that the people helped the man, isn't it?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos