Car is stolen in 30 seconds – level 1
This happens in China. A man is at a petrol station. A staff member puts fuel in his car. The man walks away to pay. The key is still in the car.
He comes back 30 seconds later. His car is gone! A 19 year-old man took it. A security camera filmed him. Police catch him in four days.
Difficult words: petrol station (place where you buy fuel for your car), staff member (somebody who works somewhere), fuel (energy for the car).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.