Car Jumps and Rolls – level 2
A stunt driver carried out a 15.37-metre-long jump and a 270-degree roll. He received his 21st Guinness World Record title for this.
He had to precisely calculate and test the jump many times before. The run-up needed to be 160 metres long for the car to hit the air at the precise speed. The stunt driver experienced a G-force of 5.5 during the car’s corkscrew twist. The car he jumped in was a Jaguar E-PACE.
Difficult words: stunt driver (a driver who does dangerous tricks), precisely (exactly), G-force (a speed that is so fast that gravity is very strong against it), corkscrew twist (a sideways roll).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos