Car Jumps and Rolls – level 3
Stunt driver Terry Grant received his 21st Guinness World Record title after carrying out a massive 15.37-metre-long jump and a 270-degree roll.
He attempted the finely-tuned barrel roll in a Jaguar E-PACE after a month of testing and analysis. The run-up needed to be 160 metres long for the car to hit the air at the precise speed to roll. Grant experienced a G-force of 5.5 during the corkscrew twist.
Difficult words: stunt driver (a driver who does dangerous tricks), attempt (try).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos