Car park is a farm – level 1
Noah Verin comes from Sydney, Australia. He studies environmental science. He works as a chef. In 2020, Verin starts his own business. He grows herbs and microgreens. He grows them in a car park in the center of Sydney.
Verin needs more light. He uses lights and fans. The man grows 40 different plants. He brings them to restaurants in Sydney. They are happy. The plants are very fresh.
Verin wants to make his business carbon neutral. Then the business will make less gasses than it takes from the air. He uses coconut medium to grow his plants. It is a natural material.
Verin wants to make sure that his business has little impact on the natural world.
Difficult words: environmental science (a study of the natural world and how people affect it), microgreens (young leaves of some plants or vegetables), medium (a place for a plant to grow).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos