Car park is a farm – level 2
Noah Verin was a chef in Sydney, Australia, but in 2020, he started an unusual business.
Verin’s company is called Urban Green, and the man grows herbs and microgreens in a car park in the center of Sydney. Currently, he grows 40 different plants, and he uses lights and fans to keep the air fresh.
Verin wants his business to be carbon neutral by 2026. He already cut down the energy use by 50%, and now, he is replacing plastic packages with other materials. He also uses natural medium to grow his plants.
Verin delivers his products to local restaurants, and they are very satisfied with the quality. The plants don’t travel from far away, and they come in the pots and not cut, so they are very fresh.
Difficult words: microgreens (young leaves of some vegetables or plants), carbon neutral (an activity makes less gasses and it removes them from the air), medium (a mixture of material where a plant lives).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos