Cash machine stolen with a digger – level 1
This happens in England. A gang steals a digger. The criminals use this digger to steal money. They drive the digger into a shop. There is a cash machine in there.
The criminals tear the shop apart. The digger pulls out the cash machine. They put it on a car. Then the criminals drive away. They leave the digger near the shop.
This happened in England before. This is the fourth robbery with a digger.
Difficult words: digger (a large machine which can move the ground), tear apart (to pull something into pieces with force), robbery (the act of entering a building and taking the money or other things).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.