Cassini – level 3
The Cassini probe was the first and the only spacecraft to go into orbit around Saturn. It blasted off to space in 1997 and arrived at Saturn, the second largest planet in our solar system, in 2004. Since then, it circulated the planet almost 300 times, vastly improving our understanding of it.
After its 20-year mission, Cassini finally entered the thickening atmosphere of Saturn, plunged and burnt like a meteor. NASA bid its farewell to the probe, saying that everyone was proud of their accomplishments, as everything they had planned and more was executed ‘extremely well’.
Cassini’s mission was one of the most successful missions to space. It witnessed storms and ice particles on the rings of Saturn, and discovered six moons that have been named and more that are yet to be named.
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.