Cat Picks Winner – level 1
The 2018 World Cup is here. The first match is between Russia and Saudi Arabia. People want to know who will win.
They ask a cat for help. His name is Achilles. People give the cat two plates with food. One plate has the Russian flag. The other plate has the Saudi flag.
The cat takes his time. In the end, he chooses Russia. People then dress him into the Russian national football team kit.
Difficult words: will (in the future), take time (spend a long time), kit (clothes).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos