Cat Picks Winner – level 2
Saudi Arabia will compete with Russia in the first match of the 2018 World Cup, and people wanted to predict the outcome of the match, so they asked a cat for help.
His name is Achilles and people gave him two plates of cat food. On one plate was a flag of Russia and on the other plate was a flag of Saudi Arabia. Achilles took his time but chose Russia. People then put him into the Russian national football team kit.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.