Celebrity beauty brands – level 1
Fenty Beauty is a makeup company. Its worth is 2.8 billion dollars. This company belongs to singer Rihanna. Her company makes Rihanna one of the richest singers ever, not her singing.
Many celebrities want to do the same thing, for example, singer Lady Gaga or tennis star Naomi Osaka. They launch their own cosmetic, haircare, or skincare brands. They believe that they can be rich, too. People use these products every day. Advertising is cheap. It seems that nothing can go wrong. But these celebrities never become as successful as Rihanna.
After the pandemic, people buy more skincare than makeup. Many product reviews are on social media. People can easily find out if a product is good or not.
Difficult words: worth (for how much money you can buy something), launch (to start a business or project), advertising (making products known to people), product review (what someone thinks about a product which he buys or uses).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What advantages does Fenty Beauty have compared to other celebrity brands?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.