Change in Deutsche Bank – level 1
Deutsche Bank is an international bank. It has employees all around the world. The bank wants to organise itself differently.
It wants to lay off 1/5 of its employees. Deutsche Bank wants to do this in three years. That is around 18,000 jobs. By 2022, the bank plans to have 74,000 employees. The bank is doing this to make more money.
Difficult words: international (everywhere around the world), employee (a worker), lay off (take a job away from someone).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos