Charbonnay wine – level 1
Charbonnay is a new type of wine from Northern France. Normally, this area is too cold to grow grapes. Then the world gets warmer. Now, people grow grapes there.
The name Charbonnay is from two words. The first word is chardonnay. It is a famous grape. The second word is charbon. It is the French word for coal.
Winemakers grow the grapes on piles of material. This material comes from coal mines. They are important in this area. People are proud of the new wine.
Winemakers sell Charbonnay since 2018. They sell more bottles every year.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.