Cheaper Smartphones – level 2
The iPhone 11 was the bestselling smartphone of the first half of 2020. Last year, the iPhone XR was the bestselling smartphone; however, the iPhone 11 exceeded the iPhone XR by 10.8 million units.
Reports show that the life cycle of a smartphone is getting longer. It means that people use it longer. So how is it possible that people buy more and more new smartphones? The answer is easy: the prices are going down.
To be able to cut prices, new smartphones must have fewer parts, which saves work and materials. Google said that its Pixel 4a 5G has fewer parts, which means that the price can be as low as $499 dollars.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.