Cheetah and a dog – level 2
A mother cheetah rejected her baby at a zoo in California. Keepers had to hand-raised him.
They chose a dog to keep the little cheetah company. Both of them are only a few weeks old. People watch the friends when they play. Right now, they introduce them to each other.
The zoo then decided to let the public see their playdates. The two are really cute together. You can watch them every day from 12:15 to 1 o’clock at the San Diego Zoo.
Difficult words: keeper (somebody who looks after animals), keep company (to be with somebody), playdate (time when children play together).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think will happen when the cheetah grows up?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.