Chewbacca Actor of ‘Star Wars’ – level 1
The ‘Star Wars’ films are very famous. Many people know the character of Chewbacca from these films. The actor who plays the original Chewbacca is Peter Mayhew.
Mayhew is very tall. He has a condition. It makes him grow tall. He grows to 221 centimetres. This helps him play the iconic role. He is in three of the ‘Star Wars’ films.
Recently, he dies at age 74.His family writes about his death on Twitter. They write that ‘he put his heart and soul in the role’. They also write that his ‘Star Wars’ family is very important to him.
Difficult words: condition (something that makes your body grow differently), iconic role (a famous character – a person in a film), put your heart and soul in something (try as hard as you can to do something).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.