Chicken Show at the Zoo – level 1
There is a special show at a zoo in the Philippines. It celebrates the Chinese New Year.
The Chinese year of the rooster starts. There are roosters from all over the world at the show.
Roosters originally come from wild roosters. Wild roosters live in the forest. There are not many in the forest now. The show can help people want to save the forest.
At the show you can see roosters from Japan, England, America, Poland and China. There is also a special giant red rooster from France. He is 2.5 feet tall and weighs 15 pounds. He takes the crown.
The show starts at the perfect time. It is the start of the celebrations of the year of the rooster.
Difficult words: celebrate (have a party), rooster (a cock, a male of a hen, a father of chickens), giant (big), take the crown (be the king, win).
You can watch the video news in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos