Children stay in the jungle for 40 days – level 1
This news is from Colombia. Four children survive a plane crash in the Amazon jungle.
Their mother, the pilot, and another adult die. The children are 13, 9, 4, and 1 year old. They stay in the dangerous rainforest for 40 days. Soldiers, volunteers, and dogs search for them. Helicopters drop food for the children. Finally, rescuers find the children alive. They are hungry and with bug bites. They must go to the hospital. The children learn important things from their grandmother. It helps them survive. The president says that the whole country is happy.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What lessons do you think the children learned from their grandmother to help them survive in the Amazon jungle?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.