China-Australia Trade War – level 1
China and Australia do not have a good relationship right now. The problems start in 2018. Australia does not want the Chinese company Huawei to work on the 5G network.
Australia says that Huawei’s technology is not safe for the country. China gets angry. Australia wants to find out where the coronavirus comes from. It makes China angry again.
Huawei gives money to Australian rugby. But now, the company wants to stop. China wants to make Australia sign a deal about 5G.
China stops business of some Australian products. These products are, for example, meat and wine. But it does not seem to work. The trade war between China and Australia continues.
Difficult words: relationship (a situation in which two people or things are with each other), 5G network (a very fast service for mobile and computer data), technology (machines and equipment), trade war (a situation in which countries try to hurt each other’s business).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos